Read only for Global Tenant

Hello All,

I would like to keep the Global tenant to provide a standard set of dashboards for all user. I would like to provide the objects in the Global tenant as read only with no write permissions.

How can I do this?

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version : 6.2.2

This is done by giving these users only READ permissions for the .kibana index, e.g.

'?kibana':
  '*':
    - READ

``

···

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 1:33:17 AM UTC+2, Daqueshia Irvin wrote:

Hello All,

I would like to keep the Global tenant to provide a standard set of dashboards for all user. I would like to provide the objects in the Global tenant as read only with no write permissions.

How can I do this?

Will the users still be able to write in other tenants if I take away write at the .kibana level?

···

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 5:17:04 AM UTC-4, Jochen Kressin wrote:

This is done by giving these users only READ permissions for the .kibana index, e.g.

'?kibana':
  '*':
    - READ

``

Hello All,

How can I do this?

Yes. The Search Guard multi-tenancy module will take care of assigning the correct permissions for the tenant indices automatically, according to the tenant configuration.

···

On Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 10:54:04 AM UTC-5, Daqueshia Irvin wrote:

Will the users still be able to write in other tenants if I take away write at the .kibana level?

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 5:17:04 AM UTC-4, Jochen Kressin wrote:

'?kibana':
  '*':
    - READ

``

Hello All,

How can I do this?