how to create a user with a role that can access all indices and make his own dashboards in private

ALL latest versions. ( installed 2 weeks ago)

Hi,

By default , the user can see the global as read only and the private tenant as RW.

But when I swtich to private tenant and try to save the dashboard , it says permission denied?

Visualization Editor: no permissions for [indices:data/write/index] and User [name=webprod, roles=[readall], requestedTenant=null]: [security_exception] no permissions for [indices:data/write/index] and User [name=webprod, roles=[readall], …

I have assigned him the readall role so that the user can read data from all indices.

Do I need to assign the role special permissions to write to his own kibana index?

Can you please have a look at the Elasticsearch log file when trying to save the dashboard? You should see a similar error message as in Kibana, but with some addition information.

Please reproduce the issue, and then post the contents of the elasticsearch log file here.

Thanks!

···

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 6:10:29 PM UTC+2, Ijaz Ahmad wrote:

ALL latest versions. ( installed 2 weeks ago)

Hi,

By default , the user can see the global as read only and the private tenant as RW.

But when I swtich to private tenant and try to save the dashboard , it says permission denied?

Visualization Editor: no permissions for [indices:data/write/index] and User [name=webprod, roles=[readall], requestedTenant=null]: [security_exception] no permissions for [indices:data/write/index] and User [name=webprod, roles=[readall], …

I have assigned him the readall role so that the user can read data from all indices.

Do I need to assign the role special permissions to write to his own kibana index?