How to find Search Guard license of my elasticsearch cluster

Hi All,

I have installed Elasticsearch version 5.6.4 and Search Guard 5.6.4-18 in my ubuntu server. Java version is “1.8.0_151” and I am trying to find the Search Guard license by using the below command but however I am getting an exception,

curl --insecure -u admin:admin ‘https://elasticsearch:9202/_searchguard/license?pretty=true

{

“error” : {

“root_cause” : [

{

“type” : “illegal_argument_exception”,

“reason” : “No endpoint or operation is available at [license]”

}

],

“type” : “illegal_argument_exception”,

“reason” : “No endpoint or operation is available at [license]”

},

“status” : 400

}

My elasticsearch cluster is confiugred with 3 master nodes & 3 data nodes and I generated the TLS certificates by using the TLS Certificate Generator - Search Guard and I wanted to know how long the generated TLS certificates are valid?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Ganeshbabu R

Hi Ganesh,

The error you’re getting means that there is no REST endpoint at ‘/_searchguard/license’. Where did you find this URL?
In my knowledge, there is no physical license file in the installation, it’s just a matter of trust between the user and floragunn.

As for the other question, you can get the information yourself by issuing the following command on your certificate file:

openssl x509 -in mysearchguardnode01.crt -noout -text

``

cheers

This endpoint is not available for Search Guard 5, it was introduced in Search Guard 6 only.

···

On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 9:00:46 AM UTC+1, Fabien Wernli wrote:

Hi Ganesh,

The error you’re getting means that there is no REST endpoint at ‘/_searchguard/license’. Where did you find this URL?
In my knowledge, there is no physical license file in the installation, it’s just a matter of trust between the user and floragunn.

As for the other question, you can get the information yourself by issuing the following command on your certificate file:

openssl x509 -in mysearchguardnode01.crt -noout -text

``

cheers