SearchGuard Enterprise License (please help)

Elasticsearch Version: 6.2.2

Search Guard Version: 6.2.2-21.0

I have upgraded my cluster from 5.x to 6. I was able to follow all the documentation on the searchguard upgrade page, and everything went as expected. I have a commercial license and have the features setup with my cluster when it was 5.x. Now when I log in, I am told I am on a trial license. My PDF license has a reference number, but that is not “valid” when used in the license configuration field. I therefore contacted the re-seller where I purchased our license and asked them if they could generate the correct string for my license. After multiple weeks, I now have a PDF license… with no additional information than what I had before. I now have 35 days and counting until my cluster will effectively go offline.

Can somone please help me. I have a valid license, I have gone back and forth with my re-seller for at least a month. I just need my cluster to recognize my license. I can provide the license PDF or simply the reference number from it. I just need to know the appropriate string to allow my cluster to know about my license.

Hi Brian,

for SG6 you need a license string, not just a license reference number. I will check why and where your request got stuck. But for the moment let me assure you that your cluster will not go offline and all features will continue to work. We would never put a production cluster in any danger because something went wrong with a license upgrade or renewal.

···

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 7:13:54 PM UTC+2, Brian Sanders wrote:

I have upgraded my cluster from 5.x to 6. I was able to follow all the documentation on the searchguard upgrade page, and everything went as expected. I have a commercial license and have the features setup with my cluster when it was 5.x. Now when I log in, I am told I am on a trial license. My PDF license has a reference number, but that is not “valid” when used in the license configuration field. I therefore contacted the re-seller where I purchased our license and asked them if they could generate the correct string for my license. After multiple weeks, I now have a PDF license… with no additional information than what I had before. I now have 35 days and counting until my cluster will effectively go offline.

Can somone please help me. I have a valid license, I have gone back and forth with my re-seller for at least a month. I just need my cluster to recognize my license. I can provide the license PDF or simply the reference number from it. I just need to know the appropriate string to allow my cluster to know about my license.

Thank you, that is very reassuring. It seemed from the responses I was getting through e-mail that my features wouldn’t work after it expired.

···

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 1:19:49 PM UTC-4, Jochen Kressin wrote:

Hi Brian,

for SG6 you need a license string, not just a license reference number. I will check why and where your request got stuck. But for the moment let me assure you that your cluster will not go offline and all features will continue to work. We would never put a production cluster in any danger because something went wrong with a license upgrade or renewal.

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 7:13:54 PM UTC+2, Brian Sanders wrote: