Searchguard Licensing

Can the Community Edition of Searchguard be used in production? As far as I have read, official website says Community edition is free however some places I have read that no matter which edition is being used, a license is needed for a cluster on production.
So for 5 nodes on production, can the free community edition be used?

Sure, the Community Edition is free and can be used in production. You need a license if you want to run the Enterprise and/or Compliance features in production.

···

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 9:50:49 AM UTC+2, thatdeadman12@gmail.com wrote:

Can the Community Edition of Searchguard be used in production? As far as I have read, official website says Community edition is free however some places I have read that no matter which edition is being used, a license is needed for a cluster on production.

Thanks!

···

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 11:02:57 PM UTC+5:30, Jochen Kressin wrote:

Sure, the Community Edition is free and can be used in production. You need a license if you want to run the Enterprise and/or Compliance features in production.

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 9:50:49 AM UTC+2, thatde...@gmail.com wrote: