Kibana permission using Searchguard

Hi,

I just wanted to check whether it is possible to setup a Kibana user who has access to create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard in Kibana, but cannot modify the Kibana settings, using Searchguard. I am fine with the user being able to see the Kibana settings page, but they should get an error when they try to modify it.

Based on documentation, I am able to create only two types of user -

1. Kibana readonly user - This user cannot create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard, and also cannot modify Kibana settings

2. Kibana admin user - This user can create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard, and also can modify Kibana settings

I want to create a user who “can create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard and cannot modify Kibana settings”.

If possible, can you please let me know what configuration is needed to make this happen.

My ELK stack is as below -

Kibana - 4.6.1

Elastic - 2.4.0

Logstash - 2.4.0

Searchguard- 2.4.0

Thanks in advance

This will be possible wih our multitenant module which is expected to be released soon.

Watch this group and/or twitter (@searchguard) to get latest updates on that

···

Am 02.03.2017 um 13:38 schrieb Abc efg <seekdageek@gmail.com>:

Hi,

I just wanted to check whether it is possible to setup a Kibana user who has access to create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard in Kibana, but cannot modify the Kibana settings, using Searchguard. I am fine with the user being able to see the Kibana settings page, but they should get an error when they try to modify it.

Based on documentation, I am able to create only two types of user -
1. Kibana readonly user - This user cannot create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard, and also cannot modify Kibana settings
2. Kibana admin user - This user can create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard, and also can modify Kibana settings

I want to create a user who "can create/save Search/Visualization/Dashboard and cannot modify Kibana settings".

If possible, can you please let me know what configuration is needed to make this happen.

My ELK stack is as below -

Kibana - 4.6.1
Elastic - 2.4.0
Logstash - 2.4.0
Searchguard- 2.4.0

Thanks in advance

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/1ebd944e-9880-47a8-83fa-16a9ba441be2%40googlegroups.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.