Is there a plan to support Kibana's RBAC, OLS and Spaces?

Hi,

It seems that Elastic might finally be getting serious about adding RBAC to Kibana, please see RBAC, OLS and Spaces · Issue #18473 · elastic/kibana · GitHub.

I have a few questions for you regarding this, and please forgive me for the terseness, I am just trying to make them concise.

• Have you investigated Kibana’s progress on these features?
  • Do you know if these Kibana features will be available to Searchguard users?
  • If so, will Searchguard be adding support for them?
  • If yes, will you be adding support shortly after Elastic makes them available?
  • If no, do you have a suggestion for how Searchguard users could make use of them?

Many thanks,

Nick George

Yes we are aware of that, but at the moment we can’t actually comment on it, sorry.

···

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 1:50:37 AM UTC+2, Nicholas George wrote:

Hi,

It seems that Elastic might finally be getting serious about adding RBAC to Kibana, please see https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/18473.

I have a few questions for you regarding this, and please forgive me for the terseness, I am just trying to make them concise.

• If yes, will you be adding support shortly after Elastic makes them available?
  • If no, do you have a suggestion for how Searchguard users could make use of them?

Many thanks,

Nick George

No problems, I understand it’s a pretty complex issue and you will no doubt do an assessment of it and announce something when you’re ready.

···

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 11:35:56 PM UTC+10, Jochen Kressin wrote:

Yes we are aware of that, but at the moment we can’t actually comment on it, sorry.

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 1:50:37 AM UTC+2, Nicholas George wrote:

Hi,

It seems that Elastic might finally be getting serious about adding RBAC to Kibana, please see https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/18473.

Many thanks,

Nick George