HTTPS authentication

Hi,

I am looking for solution which would let me multi-authenticate and RBAC to Kibana e.g. user1 (read only), user2 (read only + create new dashboard) etc.

At this point I have ELK 5.1.1 (Nginx in front as single auth. solution) on single server so I don’t need TLS to be enabled as one node only.

What plugins do I need to archive that?

Do I need “Search Guard 5” and " Search Guard Kibana Plugin" or the Kibana plugin would be enough?

Do I need any non-free plugin?

Thanks,

Patryk

···

You need Search Guard and Search Guard Kibana Plugin. Both are free of charge.
But you have to setup TLS even if you run only one node (which makes no sense by the way for a production system).
You can generate certificates here Security and Alerting for Elasticsearch and Kibana | Search Guard

If you want true multitenancy for kibana you need, in addition, the kibana multitenancy module which is currently beta.
This will be non-free component so you need to pay for it (when released). See Redirecting to Google Groups

See Security and Alerting for Elasticsearch and Kibana | Search Guard for an overview what is free and what is commercial/paid.

···

Am 23.03.2017 um 13:40 schrieb Patryk Fredro <badsector3@gmail.com>:

Hi,

I am looking for solution which would let me multi-authenticate and RBAC to Kibana e.g. user1 (read only), user2 (read only + create new dashboard) etc.
At this point I have ELK 5.1.1 (Nginx in front as single auth. solution) on single server so I don't need TLS to be enabled as one node only.

What plugins do I need to archive that?
Do I need "Search Guard 5" and " Search Guard Kibana Plugin" or the Kibana plugin would be enough?
Do I need any non-free plugin?

Thanks,
Patryk

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/149e4230-5260-4b90-a313-04356e3a4ea9%40googlegroups.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.