Features & Doubts about Search Guard

Hi, everyone

I have been working with this tool since six months and I would like to solve some doubts about Search Guard.

1. When we create users/roles on Search Guard UI, these changes are persistent? Where are they stored?
  2. When we use Tenant option and Only Dashboard, is there any possibility regarding to hide Tenant navbar? And it could be possible add another plugin like Sentinl, that is, have only Dashboard and Sentinl. For example:

Thanks in advance,

Regards

1. The Search Guard configuration is stored in an Elasticsearch index. It does not matter if you make changes via sgadmin or the config GUI, everything is stored in this index. This is explained in the “Main Concepts” page of the docs:
  1. No, at the moment the dashboard only mode cannot be customized further, so the Dashboard and Tenants entries will always be visible. Also, if other plugins register navigation links, they will be hidden too. That’s the purpose of the dashboard only mode: Make only dashboards accessible.
···

On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 1:54:28 PM UTC+2, Rodrigo wrote:

Hi, everyone

I have been working with this tool since six months and I would like to solve some doubts about Search Guard.

1. When we create users/roles on Search Guard UI, these changes are persistent? Where are they stored?
  2. When we use Tenant option and Only Dashboard, is there any possibility regarding to hide Tenant navbar? And it could be possible add another plugin like Sentinl, that is, have only Dashboard and Sentinl. For example:

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Hi,

Thank you very much @Jochen,

Regards