When asking questions, please provide the following information:

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version

• Installed and used enterprise modules, if any

• JVM version and operating system version

• Search Guard configuration files

• Elasticsearch log messages on debug level

• Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi Experts,

We were using free basic license of Xpack for monitoring purpose from last year. It has expired now. Can I renew free license further without affecting anything on my ES cluster.

Thanks,

Varun Saluja

ES Version: 5.2.

I read on few community blogs which states, its feasible to extend basic license further after an year. Need to make sure it has no affect on ES cluster/data.

Saw below link which mentions to remove complete ES data to start trail license again. Does this also apply to basic free license.

Thanks

···

On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 12:34:25 UTC+5:30, varun saluja wrote:

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
  • Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
  • JVM version and operating system version
  • Search Guard configuration files
  • Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
  • Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi Experts,

We were using free basic license of Xpack for monitoring purpose from last year. It has expired now. Can I renew free license further without affecting anything on my ES cluster.

Thanks,

Varun Saluja

That seems not to be Search Guard related, pls ask you question here https://discuss.elastic.co
X-Pack and Search Guard are different products from different vendors.

···

Am 02.05.2018 um 09:08 schrieb varun saluja <saluja50@gmail.com>:

ES Version: 5.2.

I read on few community blogs which states, its feasible to extend basic license further after an year. Need to make sure it has no affect on ES cluster/data.

Saw below link which mentions to remove complete ES data to start trail license again. Does this also apply to basic free license.
How to reinstall X-Pack? - #3 by sitanxin - Elasticsearch - Discuss the Elastic Stack

Thanks

On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 12:34:25 UTC+5:30, varun saluja wrote:

* Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
* Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
* JVM version and operating system version
* Search Guard configuration files
* Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
* Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi Experts,

Thanks,
Varun Saluja

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a71f2368-c8eb-4ddb-af58-239b44924924%40googlegroups.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.