Elasticsearch multi tenancy level

Hello, I have a problem and im looking for a solution different from the one I have found.

I need to use a single index but get different information depending of the user.

I have achieved this using DLS, with a query over a field, but I would like to know if there is any other way to do that.

Regards

No, DLS is the way to go here. If you only have a single index and want to filter results depending on a users role, you would need to use DLS. Multi tenancy (at least regarding Search Guard) refers to Kibana and the possibility to separate visualizations and dashboards by tenant.

···

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 2:47:43 AM UTC+2, Jordano Moscoso wrote:

Hello, I have a problem and im looking for a solution different from the one I have found.

I need to use a single index but get different information depending of the user.

I have achieved this using DLS, with a query over a field, but I would like to know if there is any other way to do that.

Regards

Thank you for your response, i go for this way because i needed to use the same dashboards but showing different information, Do you know any way to achieve this, other than using the same index?

El El vie, 18 de may. de 2018 a las 12:15, Jochen Kressin jkressin@floragunn.com escribió:

···

No, DLS is the way to go here. If you only have a single index and want to filter results depending on a users role, you would need to use DLS. Multi tenancy (at least regarding Search Guard) refers to Kibana and the possibility to separate visualizations and dashboards by tenant.

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Search Guard Community Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a56e7253-df6b-4db9-810b-11633c61c842%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

If you want to use the same dashboard but show different data, then Elasticsearch needs to return different data for the same query. That is only possible with DLS.

Each Visualization in a Dashboard basically executes the underlying ES query when displayed. This query is static in nature (apart from the obvious like time ranges for example). So simply speaking Kibana executes the same query for every user that displays the dashboard. In order to return (and display) different data, use DLS on Elasticsearch.

···

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 4:42:18 PM UTC+2, Jordano Moscoso wrote:

Thank you for your response, i go for this way because i needed to use the same dashboards but showing different information, Do you know any way to achieve this, other than using the same index?

El El vie, 18 de may. de 2018 a las 12:15, Jochen Kressin jkressin@floragunn.com escribió:

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Search Guard Community Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a56e7253-df6b-4db9-810b-11633c61c842%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi,

I’ve a problem with DLS (please see: Redirecting to Google Groups ) which seems you’ve solved. Could you give me a tip how to properly define DLS for users/groups to see different datasets from the same, single index.

W dniu piątek, 18 maja 2018 02:47:43 UTC+2 użytkownik Jordano Moscoso napisał:

···

Regards