Can't reset the default admin password

SearchGuard version : 6.2.2
Elasticsearch version: 6.2.2

No other installed plugins.

I’m currently trying out searchguard and installed it successfully but I can’t change the default password for ‘admin’.

I tried modifying the sg_internal_users.yml file to remove the readonly flag and change the password but nothing changes and I can still login using the old password and can’t log in using the new one.

Is there something else I should do ? ( i.e restart searchguard perhaps ) and if so, how can I do that ?

Thank you.

whenever you make changes to the sg_*.yml files you need to run sgadmin to make the changes effective, see Configuration Migration | Security for Elasticsearch | Search Guard

Another option is to use the config gui (which is a enterprise feature), see Configuration GUI | Security for Elasticsearch | Search Guard

···

On Thursday, 22 March 2018 09:49:05 UTC+1, Khalid Sulaiman wrote:

SearchGuard version : 6.2.2
Elasticsearch version: 6.2.2

No other installed plugins.

I’m currently trying out searchguard and installed it successfully but I can’t change the default password for ‘admin’.

I tried modifying the sg_internal_users.yml file to remove the readonly flag and change the password but nothing changes and I can still login using the old password and can’t log in using the new one.

Is there something else I should do ? ( i.e restart searchguard perhaps ) and if so, how can I do that ?

Thank you.