User unable to view streaming logs in Kibana

TL;DR

Member of SGS_KIBANA_USER and SGS_READALL unable to view Logs under Observability section in Kibana.

Implementation Details

• Elasticsearch/Kibana: 7.8.0
  • Search Guard (ES & Kibana): 43.0.0

Issues

I have a user with SGS_KIBANA_USER and SGS_READALL roles who is attempting to view streaming logs under the Observability->Logs in Kibana. She has access to the indices she’s attempting to view and can view them in Discover, but cannot view any logs in the streaming view.

I can view the streaming logs using the same configuration she’s attempting to use. But then, I have SGS_ALL_ACCESS, so I would expect to be able to.

I assume this is a permissions issue. What permissions do I need to grant in order to allow her to use this feature, short of granting admin permissions?

I assume this is a permissions issue. What permissions do I need to grant in order to allow her to use this feature, short of granting admin permissions?

If there is a permission issue, you should see the related error in the Elasticsearch log. Do you see any errors there?

I haven’t been able to connect with the user yet and will post logs as soon as I’m able to.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.