When asking questions, please provide the following information:

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version

• Installed and used enterprise modules, if any

• JVM version and operating system version

• Search Guard configuration files

• Elasticsearch log messages on debug level

• Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi,

I have installed search guard kibana. I have created one action group with READ permission. But in visualisation tab showing below error

• Index Patterns: Please specify a default index pattern

• [object Object]: [security_exception] no permissions for [indices:data/read/field_caps] and User [name=testuser, roles=[testrole], requestedTenant=null, attributes={}]

Please provide solution. I have given only READ and SEARCH permission. Though kibana showing exception.

Thanks,

Ajit

Please refer to the documentation here:

e class="onebox allowlistedgeneric" data-onebox-src="https://docs.search-guard.com/latest/kibana-plugin-installation">
docs.search-guard.com

Installing the Plugin

How to install the Search Guard Kibana plugin which adds authentication, multi-tenancy and the configuration UI.

“Configuring Elasticsearch: Adding Kibana users”

Any Kibana user should be assigned to the sg_kibana_user role. If you want to build your roles from scratch, use the sg_kibana_user role defined in sg_roles.yml as a blueprint:

sg_kibana_user:
readonly: true
cluster:
- MONITOR
- CLUSTER_COMPOSITE_OPS_RO
indices:
‘?kibana’:
':
- MANAGE
- INDEX
- READ
- DELETE
'
’:
‘*’:
- indices:data/read/field_caps

``

In addition to these permissions, give the Kibana user READ permissions on all indices he should have access to.

···

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 1:56:45 PM UTC+1, Ajit Bhosale wrote:

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
  • Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
  • JVM version and operating system version
  • Search Guard configuration files
  • Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
  • Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi,

I have installed search guard kibana. I have created one action group with READ permission. But in visualisation tab showing below error

• Index Patterns: Please specify a default index pattern
    [object Object]: [security_exception] no permissions for [indices:data/read/field_caps] and User [name=testuser, roles=[testrole], requestedTenant=null, attributes={}]

Please provide solution. I have given only READ and SEARCH permission. Though kibana showing exception.

Thanks,

Ajit