unable to create user specific role where i can restrict user to access user specific indices

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version = 6.3.2:23.1

• Installed and used enterprise modules, if any = no

• JVM version and operating system version 1.8.1

• Search Guard configuration files

• Elasticsearch log messages on debug level

• Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi i have implemented searchguard in elasticsearch and kibana using related pluggins,

but when i am trying to create custome roles and map it to specific user so that user can only access the related index.

I have given the read access to indices with username

but when i try to access kibana dashboard with new user it gives following error.

what should i do to solve it

Discover: no permissions for [indices:data/read/search] and User [name=test, roles=[sguser], requestedTenant=null]

Error: Request to Elasticsearch failed: {“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:“security_exception”,“reason”:“no permissions for [indices:data/read/search] and User [name=test, roles=[sguser], requestedTenant=null]”}],“type”:“security_exception”,“reason”:“no permissions for [indices:data/read/search] and User [name=test, roles=[sguser], requestedTenant=null]”},“status”:403}

Please post your Search Guard configuration files.

···

On Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 3:43:08 PM UTC+1, Manjushree Gokhale wrote:

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version = 6.3.2:23.1
  • Installed and used enterprise modules, if any = no
  • JVM version and operating system version 1.8.1
  • Search Guard configuration files
  • Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
  • Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi i have implemented searchguard in elasticsearch and kibana using related pluggins,

but when i am trying to create custome roles and map it to specific user so that user can only access the related index.

I have given the read access to indices with username

but when i try to access kibana dashboard with new user it gives following error.

what should i do to solve it

Discover: no permissions for [indices:data/read/search] and User [name=test, roles=[sguser], requestedTenant=null]

Error: Request to Elasticsearch failed: {“error”:{“root_cause”:[{“type”:“security_exception”,“reason”:“no permissions for [indices:data/read/search] and User [name=test, roles=[sguser], requestedTenant=null]”}],“type”:“security_exception”,“reason”:“no permissions for [indices:data/read/search] and User [name=test, roles=[sguser], requestedTenant=null]”},“status”:403}

Hi Jochen,

thank you for all your help

the issue i was facing is now solved by one of your solutions which is

searchguard:
dynamic:
kibana:
do_not_fail_on_forbidden: true

···