Search Guard 2 initial configuration example

Hi, can you provide a getting started guide for SG version 2? The starter configuration of the official documentation is for version 5 and I couldn’t find a full example for version 2.

Thank you!

Also interested in this. There is no installation guide for elastic search 2.4.X. Everything is focussed on ES5!

···

El miércoles, 18 de octubre de 2017, 22:56:22 (UTC+2), Diego escribió:

Hi, can you provide a getting started guide for SG version 2? The starter configuration of the official documentation is for version 5 and I couldn’t find a full example for version 2.

Thank you!

That’s mainly because Elasticsearch 2 is old and will reach EOL from Elasticsearch in Feb-2018 already. So if you are still in ES 2.x, you really should think about upgrading, because you will not receive any updates, patches and security fixes anymore beginning of next year, which is not safe for a production environment.

However, the setup instructions for 2.x are very similar to 5.x, and the docs should be valid for 2.x and 5.x. Whenever there’s a difference, it should be stated in the docs, as here:

If a module is not available for the 2.x series, it should also be stated in the docs, like:

Can you please share where you have problems or where the docs are unclear regarding the 5.x / 2.x so we can improve?

···

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 12:30:08 PM UTC+2, Iñaki Paz Rey wrote:

Also interested in this. There is no installation guide for elastic search 2.4.X. Everything is focussed on ES5!

El miércoles, 18 de octubre de 2017, 22:56:22 (UTC+2), Diego escribió:

Thank you!