Release of SG FLX 1.5

Do you have any release date for version 1.5 ? 1.4 was a security fix only, but I have 2 major bug in current release that should be fixed in next version and I wonder when it will be released. They were open two month ago.

I’m also wondering what the status is on development for newer 8.x branches :slight_smile:

Yes, Elasticsearch is up to 8.11.3, but there is nothing new from SearchGuard since 8.7.1.

I was able to find SearchGuard 1.2.0 for ES 8.8.2 by looking around on the website.

Hi all, the SearchGuard 1.5 for ES 8 is being worked on as we speak and we expect the release in the short future, I will keep you posted.

Best,
mj

I see that there’s an 8.9.2 plugin in the directory; is this of at least ‘beta’ quality?

Also curious on why 8.9.2 is the ‘latest’ release I’m seeing, as elasticsearch is now in the 8.11; I’m guessing there are some major re-engineering efforts needed that are well underway?

@mantas Actually I take back that I’m not seeing 8.11versions, I was reading as a human and the directory was sorting as a computer (where 8.1x is lower than 8.9).

Are there any opinions on the state of these 8.11 releases? Are they available for production use with a hint of ‘your mileage may vary’?

I’m very confused by the status of 1.4.1 and 1.5.0. The documentation site is not updated with any of them, see https://docs.search-guard.com/latest/search-guard-versions. 1.5.0 is only available for ES 8 and sgctl 1.4.1 is not available.

Can we have some details about the current status ?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.