Missing Search Guard tab in Kibana

I have a cluster with six data VMs and two master eligible systems that run Kibana. We’re on 6.8.4 and have been for a while.

Kibana machines have this:

openjdk-11-jre-headless:amd64 11.0.5+10-0ubuntu1.1~18.04

Data VMs have this:

openjdk-11-jre-headless:amd64 11.0.5+10-1~deb10u1

Earlier I ran into the missing Search Guard tab /w 6.5.4 - which was discussed here.

I dug around in Google Chrome, but I’m not a web dev type, so this is all a bit mysterious to me. I think I found the right place and I don’t see what Jochen suggested to look for:

The “systeminfo” JSON object is stored in the local storage of the browser and is fetched again when it is missing. So if this happens again the first thing you can check is the contents of the systeminfo in the local storage.

I restarted Kibana, then switched to a newly installed browser to log in, still no Search Guard tab. It’s not hurting operations, but I’m trying to teach some new people how to do these things, so kinda need to get it back.

We need to see your systeminfo. Open Chrome Dev Tools, click Application tab and select Session Storage from the left menu. Now you should see the systeminfo. Copy its value and paste it here on the forum.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.