Server OS version: Windows Server 2019

Kibana version (if relevant): 7.7.0

Browser version (if relevant): Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.106

Browser OS version (if relevant):
I followed the steps

and get error on step: “Start Kibana”

Describe the issue:
If got error:

ERROR in ./x-pack/legacy/plugins/cross_cluster_replication/public/np_ready/app/sections/home/auto_follow_pattern_list/components/auto_follow_pattern_table/index.js
Module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘./auto_follow_pattern_table.container’ in ‘C:\Program Files\Elastic\Kibana\x-pack\legacy\plugins\cross_cluster_replication\public\np_ready\app\sections\home\auto_follow_pattern_list\components\auto_follow_pattern_table’

ERROR in ./src/legacy/core_plugins/kibana/public/management/sections/index_patterns/create_index_pattern_wizard/components/step_index_pattern/components/loading_indices/index.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve './loading_indices' in 'C:\Program Files\Elastic\Kibana\src\legacy\core_plugins\kibana\public\management\sections\index_patterns\create_index_pattern_wizard\components\step_index_pattern\components\loading_indices'

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Kibana

Expected behavior:
Installation completed

Provide configuration:
elasticsearch/config/elasticsearch.yml
elasticsearch.yml (1.2 KB)
elasticsearch/plugins/search-guard-7/sgconfig/sg_config.yml
sg_config.yml (10.7 KB)
kibana/config/kibana.yml (if relevant)
kibana.yml (5.5 KB)
Provide logs:
Elasticsearch
Kibana (if relevant)
full_log.txt (68.8 KB)
Screenshots (if relevant):

Errors in browser console (if relevant):

Additional data:

As far as I understand you installed the Kibana plugin with no problems. But Kibana fails to start after the installation. Am I correct?

Does Kibana start with if the Search Guard Kibana plugin was not installed?

Do you see any error in the Elasticsearch log?

Try to clean the Kibana bundles and restart it. To clean the bundles, delete all files in the kibana/optimize/bundles folder.

Do you use the Cross-cluster replication? Try to disable it:

elasticsearch.yml

xpack.ccr.enabled: false

As far as I understand you installed the Kibana plugin with no problems. But Kibana fails to start after the installation. Am I correct?

Yes, you are correct. This is first run after plugin installation.

Elasticsearch is running with search guard plugin without errors, but kibana is not.

I`ll look at, can you please tell me where they are located.

Try to clean the Kibana bundles and restart it. To clean the bundles, delete all files in the kibana/optimize/bundles folder.

Doe`s not help.

Do you use the Cross-cluster replication?

Not this is single node server.
xpack.ccr.enabled: false - this doe`s not help.

elasticsearch.log (690.6 KB)

Thank you!

This takes 3-4 minuets and after this I get errors

Processes:
Screenshot_4

In elastic logs:

Full log:
elasticsearch.log (690.6 KB)

after “kibana-plugin.bat remove searchguard”
I have same the error, it looks like this is not kibana issue and not search guard?

For me it looks like it is not Search Guard issue. Try to remove Search Guard from Elasticsearch and Kibana. Then start the services again. If you have the same error, then the issue is on the Kibana side.

Yes, I installed other version of kibana 7.7.1 and installed plugin. Now everything looks fine.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.