Kibana-Management: unable to see the "elasticsearch" section

Hi there,

I’m using GitHub - deviantony/docker-elk at searchguard for quite some time now. Did recently an update from 5.4 to 5.6 to 6.2 to 6.6. I was able to use the upgrade assistant in elasticsearch 5.6 (to migrate the Kibana index).

I recently found this kibana documentation page and did another small step from 6.6 to 6.7 - on elasticsearch site everything went smooth but it seems I have no access to the whole “Management > Elasticsearch” section in Kibana (using the admin user).

Is there a known issue with this?

ELK_VERSION=6.7.0(-oss)
SG_VERSION=24.3
SG_VERSION_KIBANA=18.2

sg_*.yml files are identical to this settings here: docker-elk/elasticsearch/config/sg at searchguard · deviantony/docker-elk · GitHub (I reverted all my adjustments to this files just to verify and it still does not work)

Thank you!

Seems you are using the OSS version of KI/ES:

ELK_VERSION=6.7.0(-oss)

AFAIK the ES management section is an X-Pack feature and not available in the pure OSS version:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/6.7/managing-indices.html

Hi @jkressin,

thank you for your feedback. I will check with non-oss and disabled xpack.security and report back. Thank you!

Update: Yep, it’s solved. Working with non -oss :+1:

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.