Kibana does not access

I installed Search Guard on elasticsearch and kibana, however when I access Kibana and soon with admin / admin the system does not display an
error but also does not access Kibana. Continue on the login screen. How should I proceed in this case?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Hi,

which version of Kibana / ES / SG are you using? If you’re using the SG6 beta1, you may hit a bug in the login code which occurs when multi-tenancy is enabled.

···

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:26:56 PM UTC+1, João Batista de Andrade wrote:

I installed Search Guard on elasticsearch and kibana, however when I access Kibana and soon with admin / admin the system does not display an
error but also does not access Kibana. Continue on the login screen. How should I proceed in this case?

I’m using SG6 beta1 but not as multi-tenancy.

But I also had this same situation in version 5.6.3-16

···

Em segunda-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2017 12:30:35 UTC-2, Jochen Kressin escreveu:

Hi,

which version of Kibana / ES / SG are you using? If you’re using the SG6 beta1, you may hit a bug in the login code which occurs when multi-tenancy is enabled.

Ok, then there are two possibilities. Either you indeed hit a bug, or it’s SSL related.

Can you please check if there are any JavaScript errors on the browser console, or any JavaScript errors in the Kibana logfile? That would mean you indeed hit the said issue in the beta.

One other thing to check: Do you access Kibana via HTTP or HTTPS? Maybe you use HTTP but set:

searchguard.cookie.secure: true

This means that Cookies are only accepted via HTTPS, which leads to the auth cookie not being stored and the redirection again to the login page. Can you please post your kibana.yml?

···

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:37:08 PM UTC+1, João Batista de Andrade wrote:

Em segunda-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2017 12:30:35 UTC-2, Jochen Kressin escreveu:

Hi,

My kibana.yml

searchguard.basicauth.enabled: true
searchguard.cookie.name: ‘searchguard_authentication’
searchguard.cookie.password: ‘searchguard_cookie_default_password’
searchguard.cookie.ttl: 0
searchguard.session.ttl: 1
searchguard.session.keepalive: true

elasticsearch.ssl.verificationMode: none
elasticsearch.url: https://localhost:9200

elasticsearch.username: kibanaserver
elasticsearch.password: kibanaserver

elasticsearch.requestHeadersWhitelist: [ “x-forwarded-for”, “x-forwarded-by”, “x-proxy-user”, “x-proxy-roles” ]

``

···

Em segunda-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2017 12:42:05 UTC-2, Jochen Kressin escreveu:

Ok, then there are two possibilities. Either you indeed hit a bug, or it’s SSL related.

Can you please check if there are any JavaScript errors on the browser console, or any JavaScript errors in the Kibana logfile? That would mean you indeed hit the said issue in the beta.

One other thing to check: Do you access Kibana via HTTP or HTTPS? Maybe you use HTTP but set:

This means that Cookies are only accepted via HTTPS, which leads to the auth cookie not being stored and the redirection again to the login page. Can you please post your kibana.yml?

Hi,

The browser log:

···

Em segunda-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2017 12:42:05 UTC-2, Jochen Kressin escreveu:

Hi,

Ok, thanks, then it’s definitely the HTTPS cookie setting.

You access Kibana via HTTP but have configured the plugin to only accept cookies via HTTPS.

Instead of:

Set:

searchguard.cookie.secure: false

···

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 4:26:05 PM UTC+1, João Batista de Andrade wrote:

The browser log:

Hi,

Even altering did not work.

Is there any other possibility?

Thanks for your attention

···

Em segunda-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2017 13:28:21 UTC-2, Jochen Kressin escreveu:

You access Kibana via HTTP but have configured the plugin to only accept cookies via HTTPS.

Instead of:

Set:

The browser log:

Hi,

Did you restart Kibana? What’s the output of the log when you start Kibana?

···

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 4:56:05 PM UTC+1, João Batista de Andrade wrote:

Even altering did not work.

Is there any other possibility?

Thanks for your attention

Em segunda-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2017 13:28:21 UTC-2, Jochen Kressin escreveu:

Instead of:

Set:

The browser log:

Hi,