• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version

6.4.1-23.1

• Installed and used enterprise modules, if any

**Community edition **

• JVM version and operating system version

ubuntu18

• Search Guard configuration files

I have used the default files given on installation

When I gave the elasticsearch username and password in kibana.yml as elastickibanserver, I am able to login to but not able to see any data as I get the error as no permission for the users.

I used admin username and password in kibana.yml then everything worked. But I logged in as normal user but could delete the index that I created. What am I doing wrong?

In my internal user file, I could see roles as admin, kibanaro etc. But not in the roles.yml file

I haven’t changed anything in the config files and used them as they are shipped.

attaching the link here for your reference https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard/tree/master/sgconfig

Please let me know what am I doing wrong.

There is a roles mapping in between which is defined in sg_roles_mapping.yml.

Here is how it works: Mapping users to Search Guard roles | Security for Elasticsearch | Search Guard

Logging in with the kibanaro user should work out of the box.

···

On Monday, 19 November 2018 07:20:29 UTC+1, jithin wrote:

• Search Guard and Elasticsearch version

6.4.1-23.1

• Installed and used enterprise modules, if any

**Community edition **

• JVM version and operating system version

ubuntu18

• Search Guard configuration files

I have used the default files given on installation

When I gave the elasticsearch username and password in kibana.yml as elastickibanserver, I am able to login to but not able to see any data as I get the error as no permission for the users.

I used admin username and password in kibana.yml then everything worked. But I logged in as normal user but could delete the index that I created. What am I doing wrong?

In my internal user file, I could see roles as admin, kibanaro etc. But not in the roles.yml file

I haven’t changed anything in the config files and used them as they are shipped.

attaching the link here for your reference https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard/tree/master/sgconfig

Please let me know what am I doing wrong.