Internal or shard requests not allowed from a non-server node for transport type netty

I’m using Elasticsearch 2.4.0 with SearchGuard 2.4.0.11 and SearchGuard SSL 2.4.0.19. This is a fresh cluster, not a single index or other plugin installed. Application requirements dictated the version, and I wasn’t able to get SearchGuard 2.4.0.12 to run, but this version worked (at least up until this issue) so I went with it.

I generated my certs with the sgtlstool, and I’m getting the following error when I fire up the nodes:

Internal or shard requests not allowed from a non-server node for transport type netty

I know a lot of people had issues with the OID thing, but I compared the relevant portion of my my certs to the ones in a couple of the issues in github, and they look alright to me:

#5: ObjectId: 2.5.29.17 Criticality=false

SubjectAlternativeName [

OIDName: 1.2.3.4.5.5

DNSName:

IPAddress: 10.192.253.14

]

Does anybody know what I can do to troubleshoot this? I’ve been at it all day with no luck.

Thanks,

Tim

I discovered that I was not using the most recent version in the 2.4.0 series. I updated search-guard-ssl to 2.4.0.21 and that appears to have resolved my problem.