Customizing the login page

Hi guys , recently i tried changing the search guard default logo using this nice feature https://docs.search-guard.com/latest/kibana-login-customizing but the logo won’t change and the Bold charachters also won’t work , i used a file stored on my local pc , this is my config :

searchguard.basicauth.login.brandimage: "file:///C:/SG/tuxpi.jpg"
searchguard.basicauth.login.title:  WELCOME
searchguard.basicauth.login.subtitle: <strong> login </strong>

Any idea what’s wrong , thanks in advance.

Hi.

searchguard…

Two dots? Does Kibana start with this config?

What Search Guard version release do you use?

sorry it was a copy paste error , i only placed one dot , i’m using the 7.10.0 version

Put the image in kibana/plugins/searchguard/assets/. The config:

searchguard.basicauth.login.showbrandimage: true
searchguard.basicauth.login.brandimage: /plugins/searchguard/assets/bender_250px_width.png
searchguard.basicauth.login.title: WELCOME
searchguard.basicauth.login.subtitle: <strong> login </strong>

And you get

Though I see there are issues, the HTML doesn’t work in the title and subtitle. Plus, there is a problem with the image position. I’ll file a bug for this.

Hi @srgbnd thank you for your help , i tried your way but still won’t work , i’m on windows by the way ,

this is my config :
searchguard.basicauth.login.brandimage: “C:/Elastic/kibana-7.10.0/kibana-7.10.0/plugins/Search_guard-7.10.0/assets/tuxpi.jpg”

Any idea what’s wrong ?

Yes, it doesn’t work on Windows. The code doesn’t account for the Windows path format. The slashes must be mirrored if Windows. I file a bug and add it to the queue.

Correction, the logo customization works on Windows. @HeiDri for the brandimage option, you have to use a relative path under HTTP protocol and not the full filesystem path.

The Kibana config

searchguard.basicauth.login.showbrandimage: true
searchguard.basicauth.login.brandimage: /plugins/searchguard/assets/bender.jpg
searchguard.basicauth.login.title: WELCOME
searchguard.basicauth.login.subtitle: login

Result

1 Like

Hi @HeiDri,

Thanks for pointing out the broken HTML tags support. This, together with the custom styles support for the login button, has been fixed and will be working as expected in the next release.

Thanks!
Mike

2 Likes

Glad to help , thank you for all the amazing work you’re doing :slight_smile:

1 Like