Environment Details:

• Search Guard: 5.6.14-19.2

• Elasticsearch version: 5.6.14

• Installed and using community edition

• JVM open-jdk 10

• Currently in Dev so using all default sg config files

• No extra plugins except for s3-repository & ec2 plugins

Questions:

I’m scoping my work to add new users and update default passwords to something realistic and unpredictable. From the documentation, it seems like i need to run sg-admin whenever I have changes to the search guard config files. My questions are:

• Will I be interrupting regular application users because of re-running sg-admin?

• When I execute sg-admin for the first time, I’m able to long in with default username and password. However, I don’t see any data in searchguard index. How can I validate that my sg-admin initialization worked fine apart from blanket success message in the command prompt

See answers inline below

Environment Details:
* Search Guard: 5.6.14-19.2
* Elasticsearch version: 5.6.14
* Installed and using community edition
* JVM open-jdk 10
* Currently in Dev so using all default sg config files
* No extra plugins except for s3-repository & ec2 plugins

Questions:
I'm scoping my work to add new users and update default passwords to something realistic and unpredictable. From the documentation, it seems like i need to run sg-admin whenever I have changes to the search guard config files. My questions are:
- Will I be interrupting regular application users because of re-running sg-admin?

no

- When I execute sg-admin for the first time, I'm able to long in with default username and password. However, I don't see any data in searchguard index. How can I validate that my sg-admin initialization worked fine apart from blanket success message in the command prompt

Return code of sg_admin.sh

···

Am 24.01.2019 um 18:20 schrieb Jagannath Kondapalli <jagannath.kondapalli@gmail.com>:

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/3d5e2c6a-4e94-4a08-aee2-0f47582b996b%40googlegroups.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.