Windows Installation Issue

I am trying to get search-guard up and running on a new windows environment using the Search Guard Bundle distribution.

Running the ‘sgadmin.sh’ command from the searchguard-client folder produces the following error message:

It looks like the class path is not being set correctly.

Any ideas?

“Could not find or load main class com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin”

Do you use cygwin to execute bash scripts on windows?

···

Am 30.06.2016 um 19:45 schrieb srholt18 <srholt18@gmail.com>:

I am trying to get search-guard up and running on a new windows environment using the Search Guard Bundle distribution.

Running the 'sgadmin.sh' command from the searchguard-client folder produces the following error message:
"Could not find or load main class com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin"

Any ideas?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/274d7128-db57-4125-96d0-2b314d474164%40googlegroups.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.

For the record, I also ran into the same problem. I was using a MobaXterm bash terminal on Windows 8.1 at the time.

I gave up and continued my investigations against the same bundle running on an Ubuntu VM, which went pretty smoothly.

···

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 18:45:24 UTC+12, SG wrote:

Do you use cygwin to execute bash scripts on windows?

Am 30.06.2016 um 19:45 schrieb srholt18 srho...@gmail.com:

Running the ‘sgadmin.sh’ command from the searchguard-client folder produces the following error message:

“Could not find or load main class com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin”

Any ideas?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Search Guard” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/274d7128-db57-4125-96d0-2b314d474164%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Did anyone come up with a solution for this? Banging my head on a brick wall.

···

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 18:45:44 UTC+1, srholt18 wrote:

Any ideas?

Yes.

I ended up using the shell command exe that is shipped with git, sh.exe. I had to update the plugins\search-guard-2\tools\sgadmin.bat file to the following:

#!/bin/bash

DIR=“$( cd “$( dirname “${BASH_SOURCE[0]}” )” && pwd )”

java $JAVA_OPTS -cp “plugins/search-guard-ssl/;plugins/search-guard-2/;lib/*” com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin “$@”

···

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 11:53:30 AM UTC-4, steff potter wrote:

Did anyone come up with a solution for this? Banging my head on a brick wall.

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 18:45:44 UTC+1, srholt18 wrote:

Any ideas?