Signals configured but missing events matching watch condition

How to receive different alerts using the same “mysearch” of the watch. For example, the main idea is to receive an email alert every time a source IP changes. In other words, how to receive an email alert for every event that matches the query executed on the “mysearch” of the watch. Right now I have a watch running every 30 seconds, but in the case of firewall logs, I am missing events on the email alerts because there are a lot matching the condition of the query. I’m trying to receive an alert every time the source IP address changes. Any help is welcome.

@cmosnocsoc
Can you provide example of the logs being received? Is there various sources/ips or just the one that needs to be monitored and alerted on change?

Greetings, as you will observe in the attached query/log result below, even with the signal running every 1 second, I will miss events that happened in the same second. I am looking for a way to receive an alert every time the source IP (attacker) changes. Any information is welcome.

Signal query:

{
“query”: {
“bool”: {
“must”: [
{
“match”: {
“fortinet.firewall.subtype”: “ips”
}
},
{
“match”: {
“tags”: “Mytag”
}
},
{
“range”: {
@timestamp”: {
“gte”: “now-1s”
}
}
}
]
}
}
}

Log Alert Result:

IPS Events Observed: 5
Alert Timestamp: 2021-11-18T00:00:55.000-04:00
Firewall IPS Action: detected
Event Severity: medium
Event Reference: Threat Encyclopedia | FortiGuard
Source IP: 66.30.255.205
Destination IP: xx.xx.xx.xx
Destination Port/Service: 80
Event Message: a-ipdf: TCP.Split.Handshake, TCP split handshake at state: ESTABLISHED
GeoIP Country: United States
Log Source Address:

@cmosnocsoc there is nothing like this built in to signals, however the workaround might be to run a query every second for last (for example) 20 seconds and count the number of unique IPs, if the result is higher than 1 - send out alert. I have not tested this myself, but would this work for your use case?