SearchGuard plugin installed to Kibana caused Index Management option dissappered from Kibana GUI

Hi,
I am using ElasticSearch and Kibana, version 6.4.0. Everything was working fine for my free licence.

Actually I have installed SearchGuard to Elastic and its plugin to Kibana and after that in Kibana GUI under Menu Management is not visible ElasticSearch with Index management which I was using for deletion of old indexes etc.

I have set unlimited privileges for indices for my kibana user in searchguard.

Do you have any advise for me?

Thanks

Vaclav

No, this seems rather strange to me. The Kibana plugin does absolutely nothing regarding the Kibana internal apps like Index management. It only adds SG related functionalities.

Do you see anything suspicious in the Kibana logfiles? Also, when you installed the plugin, the Kibana internal optimize process was run. Did it finish without errors? You should see something like “Optimizing bundles, this will take a while” on the console.

On the top level of the Kibana directory you should see a folder called “optimize”. Kibana will place all optimized web bundles there. If anything went wrong during that process, one thing you could try is to delete this folder and start Kibana again.

···

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 3:17:14 PM UTC+1, Vaclav Kolpek wrote:

Hi,
I am using ElasticSearch and Kibana, version 6.4.0. Everything was working fine for my free licence.

Actually I have installed SearchGuard to Elastic and its plugin to Kibana and after that in Kibana GUI under Menu Management is not visible ElasticSearch with Index management which I was using for deletion of old indexes etc.

Thanks

Vaclav

Hi,

yes, it was very strange. Finally I have delete whole kibana and reinstall. This helped me.

Thanks

Vasek

Dne sobota 9. března 2019 15:17:14 UTC+1 Vaclav Kolpek napsal(a):

···

Hi,

Thanks

Vaclav