Searchguard cannot retrieve cluster state

Hi,
I followed the documentation in order to set up search guard in a testing single-node ES cluster.
I initially generated both truststore.jks and keystore.jks files, using gen_root_ca.sh and gen_client_node_cert.sh respectively, this way:

*> ./gen_root_ca.sh truestore.jks myCApass mypass

./gen_client_node_cert.sh node1* myCApass mypass
Then I copied truststore.jks and node1-keystore.jks to the ES config directory and edited elasticsearch.yml as shown below:
searchguard.ssl.transport.keystore_filepath: node1-keystore.jks
searchguard.ssl.transport.keystore_password: mypass
searchguard.ssl.transport.truststore_filepath: truststore.jks
searchguard.ssl.transport.truststore_password: mypass
searchguard.ssl.transport.enforce_hostname_verification: true
searchguard.ssl.transport.resolve_hostname: true

After this, I could restart my node, checking the cluster state is YELLOW and Searchguard is properly recognized:
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,328][INFO ][o.e.h.HttpServer ] [dev-node1] publish_address {:49200}, bound_addresses {:49200}
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,329][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [dev-node1] started
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][c.f.s.a.c.TransportConfigUpdateAction] [dev-node1] searchguard index does not exist yet, so no need to load config on node startup. Use sgadmin to initialize cluster
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][o.e.g.GatewayService ] [dev-node1] recovered [1] indices into cluster_state
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,671][INFO ][o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService] [dev-node1] Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [YELLOW] (reason: [shards started [[.kibana][0]] …]).

But if I try to send a request I received this message:
curl -s -XGET http://node1:49200/
Search Guard not initialized (SG11). See https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/sgadmin.md

So I tried to initialize Search Guard with the sgadmin.sh script using this parameters:
./sgadmin.sh -ts ~/NODE/ES_config/truststore.jks -tspass mypass -ks ~/NODE/ES_config/node1-keystore.jks -kspass mypass -cd ~/NODE/src/elastic/plugins/search-guard-5/sgconfig/ -cn devcluster -h node1 -p 49300
And this is the warning displayed:
Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{fn7Ips5PQ4-WBsM17H3DNg}{node1}{:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying …

• Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
  • If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)
    If I use the diagnose flag I can see this exception in the file returned, which doesn’t shed light on this:

ClusterHealthRequest:
NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{6cGCk1cERqyEk9BFBJ0KJw}{node1}{:49300}]]
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:328)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:226)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportProxyClient.execute(TransportProxyClient.java:59)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(TransportClient.java:345)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:403)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:392)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.execute(AbstractClient.java:704)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.health(AbstractClient.java:726)
at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.generateDiagnoseTrace(SearchGuardAdmin.java:676)
at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main0(SearchGuardAdmin.java:369)
at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main(SearchGuardAdmin.java:105)

Could you help me with this?

Many thanks!

Juan.

Did you try to disable hostname verification with the -nhnv flag?

···

Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017 13:37:00 UTC+1 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón:

Hi,
I followed the documentation in order to set up search guard in a testing single-node ES cluster.
I initially generated both truststore.jks and keystore.jks files, using gen_root_ca.sh and gen_client_node_cert.sh respectively, this way:

Then I copied truststore.jks and node1-keystore.jks to the ES config directory and edited elasticsearch.yml as shown below:

After this, I could restart my node, checking the cluster state is YELLOW and Searchguard is properly recognized:
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,328][INFO ][o.e.h.HttpServer ] [dev-node1] publish_address {:49200}, bound_addresses {:49200}
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][c.f.s.a.c.TransportConfigUpdateAction] [dev-node1] searchguard index does not exist yet, so no need to load config on node startup. Use sgadmin to initialize cluster
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][o.e.g.GatewayService ] [dev-node1] recovered [1] indices into cluster_state
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,671][INFO ][o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService] [dev-node1] Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [YELLOW] (reason: [shards started [[.kibana][0]] …]).

Search Guard not initialized (SG11). See https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/sgadmin.md

So I tried to initialize Search Guard with the sgadmin.sh script using this parameters:
./sgadmin.sh -ts ~/NODE/ES_config/truststore.jks -tspass mypass -ks ~/NODE/ES_config/node1-keystore.jks -kspass mypass -cd ~/NODE/src/elastic/plugins/search-guard-5/sgconfig/ -cn devcluster -h node1 -p 49300
Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{fn7Ips5PQ4-WBsM17H3DNg}{node1}{:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying …

• Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
  • If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)
    If I use the diagnose flag I can see this exception in the file returned, which doesn’t shed light on this:

ClusterHealthRequest:
NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{6cGCk1cERqyEk9BFBJ0KJw}{node1}{:49300}]]
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:328)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:226)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportProxyClient.execute(TransportProxyClient.java:59)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(TransportClient.java:345)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:403)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:392)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.execute(AbstractClient.java:704)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.health(AbstractClient.java:726)
at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.generateDiagnoseTrace(SearchGuardAdmin.java:676)
at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main0(SearchGuardAdmin.java:369)
at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main(SearchGuardAdmin.java:105)

Many thanks!

Juan.

Hi Jochen,
Thanks for your quick reply.
That was the first change I did but then sgadmin.sh try to connect to localhost:
Search Guard Admin v5
Will connect to localhost:49300
ERR: Seems there is no elasticsearch running on localhost:49300 - Will exit

Regards,

···

El jueves, 2 de febrero de 2017, 13:44:52 (UTC+1), Jochen Kressin escribió:

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

Was this issue resolved?

I have the same problem. I did run sgadmin.sh with ’ -icl -nhnv’ but I got the same results.

/sgadmin.sh -ts truststore.jks -tspass changeit -ks kirk-keystore.jks -kspass changeit -cd …/sgconfig -icl -nhnv -h

Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{10.100.0.21}{10.100.0.21:9300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying …

What is the right way to configure the node (referring to “Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available:”)?

···

On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 7:53:41 AM UTC-5, Juan Martínez Palazón wrote:

Hi Jochen,
That was the first change I did but then sgadmin.sh try to connect to localhost:
Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

Hi Eliran,

No, unfortunately I’m still having this problem and I’m not able to make Searchguard work in my cluster.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this.

Regards,

···

El lunes, 20 de febrero de 2017, 16:52:45 (UTC+1), Eliran Boraks escribió:

Was this issue resolved?

I have the same problem. I did run sgadmin.sh with ’ -icl -nhnv’ but I got the same results.

/sgadmin.sh -ts truststore.jks -tspass changeit -ks kirk-keystore.jks -kspass changeit -cd …/sgconfig -icl -nhnv -h

Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{10.100.0.21}{10.100.0.21:9300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying …

What is the right way to configure the node (referring to “Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available:”)?

Hi Jochen,
Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

Can you both (Eliran and Juan) give us the following infos?:

- Elasticsearch and Search Guard version
- Complete elasticsearch.yml
- Complete output of elasticsearch.log from the the point in time you started elasticsearch until you get the sgadmin failures

···

Am 20.02.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón <jmp.juan@gmail.com>:

Hi Eliran,

No, unfortunately I'm still having this problem and I'm not able to make Searchguard work in my cluster.

Regards,

Was this issue resolved?

I have the same problem. I did run sgadmin.sh with ' -icl -nhnv' but I got the same results.

/sgadmin.sh -ts truststore.jks -tspass changeit -ks kirk-keystore.jks -kspass changeit -cd ../sgconfig -icl -nhnv -h <IP-Address>
Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{10.100.0.21}{10.100.0.21:9300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...
   * Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
   * If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)

What is the right way to configure the node (referring to "Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available:")?

Hi Jochen,

Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

> ./gen_root_ca.sh truestore.jks myCApass mypass
> ./gen_client_node_cert.sh node1 myCApass mypass

[2017-02-02T12:10:22,328][INFO ][o.e.h.HttpServer ] [dev-node1] publish_address {<IP>:49200}, bound_addresses {<IP>:49200}
[2017-02-02T12:10:22,671][INFO ][o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService] [dev-node1] Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [YELLOW] (reason: [shards started [[.kibana][0]] ...]).

Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{fn7Ips5PQ4-WBsM17H3DNg}{node1}{<IP>:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...
   * Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
   * If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)

If I use the diagnose flag I can see this exception in the file returned, which doesn't shed light on this:

ClusterHealthRequest:
NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{6cGCk1cERqyEk9BFBJ0KJw}{node1}{<IP>:49300}]]

Many thanks!

Juan.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/e046e212-26a6-421c-92ce-da919e479c47%40googlegroups.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.

Here is my info:

search-guard-2-2.4.3.10.jar

ES: 2.4.3

I attached the elasticsearch.yml and elasticsarch.log to this message.

Eliran

elasticsearch.log (44.4 KB)

elasticsearch.yml (4.42 KB)

···

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 11:11:40 AM UTC-5, Search Guard wrote:

• Elasticsearch and Search Guard version

• Complete elasticsearch.yml

• Complete output of elasticsearch.log from the the point in time you started elasticsearch until you get the sgadmin failures

Am 20.02.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón jmp....@gmail.com:

Hi Eliran,

No, unfortunately I’m still having this problem and I’m not able to make Searchguard work in my cluster.

Regards,

Was this issue resolved?

Hi Jochen,

Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

./gen_root_ca.sh truestore.jks myCApass mypass

./gen_client_node_cert.sh node1 myCApass mypass

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Search Guard” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/e046e212-26a6-421c-92ce-da919e479c47%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

try (in elasticsearch.yml):

searchguard.authcz.admin_dn:

• ‘CN=kirk,OU=client,O=client,L=Test,C=DE’
···

Am 20.02.2017 um 17:30 schrieb Eliran Boraks eboraks@gmail.com:

Here is my info:

Eliran

• Complete output of elasticsearch.log from the the point in time you started elasticsearch until you get the sgadmin failures

Hi Eliran,

Regards,

Was this issue resolved?

Hi Jochen,

Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Search Guard” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/e046e212-26a6-421c-92ce-da919e479c47%40googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a3eb26ad-8559-4a10-9c28-57437ec485b6%40googlegroups.com.

<elasticsearch.log><elasticsearch.yml>

This line is in the elasticsearch.yml file I attached. I double check it by copy/paste your line and I am still getting this.

$ ./sgadmin.sh -ts truststore.jks -tspass changeit -ks kirk-keystore.jks -kspass changeit -cd …/sgconfig -icl -nhnv -h 10.100.0.21

Will connect to 10.100.0.21:9300 … done

Contacting elasticsearch cluster ‘elasticsearch’ and wait for YELLOW clusterstate …

···

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1:54:49 PM UTC-5, Search Guard wrote:

Am 20.02.2017 um 17:30 schrieb Eliran Boraks ebo...@gmail.com:

Here is my info:

Eliran

Hi Eliran,

Regards,

Was this issue resolved?

Hi Jochen,

Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a3eb26ad-8559-4a10-9c28-57437ec485b6%40googlegroups.com.

Here you have attached both .yml config and log files.

My ES version is 5.1.1 and search-guard-ssl-5.1.1-19.jar.

I also tried adding the authcz config posted in your last message but It doesn’t work.

elasticsearch.yml (886 Bytes)

ES_SEARCHGUARD.log (11.4 KB)

···

El lunes, 20 de febrero de 2017, 19:54:49 (UTC+1), Search Guard escribió:

Here is my info:

Eliran

Hi Eliran,

Regards,

Was this issue resolved?

Hi Jochen,

Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

Ok, can you both sent the elasticsearch.yml again after adding my config entry from my last post.
@Juan: The logs are too short, we need also see the log statements from the point in time when sgadmin fail

···

Am 21.02.2017 um 09:39 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón <jmp.juan@gmail.com>:

I also tried adding the authcz config posted in your last message but It doesn't work.

- 'CN=kirk,OU=client,O=client,L=Test,C=DE'

Am 20.02.2017 um 17:30 schrieb Eliran Boraks <ebo...@gmail.com>:

Here is my info:

Eliran

- Elasticsearch and Search Guard version
- Complete elasticsearch.yml
- Complete output of elasticsearch.log from the the point in time you started elasticsearch until you get the sgadmin failures

> Am 20.02.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón <jmp....@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Eliran,
>
> No, unfortunately I'm still having this problem and I'm not able to make Searchguard work in my cluster.
>
> Hope somebody can shed some light on this.
>
> Regards,
>
> El lunes, 20 de febrero de 2017, 16:52:45 (UTC+1), Eliran Boraks escribió:
> Was this issue resolved?
>
> I have the same problem. I did run sgadmin.sh with ' -icl -nhnv' but I got the same results.
>
> /sgadmin.sh -ts truststore.jks -tspass changeit -ks kirk-keystore.jks -kspass changeit -cd ../sgconfig -icl -nhnv -h <IP-Address>
> Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{10.100.0.21}{10.100.0.21:9300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...
> * Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
> * If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)
>
>
> What is the right way to configure the node (referring to "Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available:")?
>
>
>
>
> On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 7:53:41 AM UTC-5, Juan Martínez Palazón wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> That was the first change I did but then sgadmin.sh try to connect to localhost:
>
> Search Guard Admin v5
> Will connect to localhost:49300
> ERR: Seems there is no elasticsearch running on localhost:49300 - Will exit
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
> El jueves, 2 de febrero de 2017, 13:44:52 (UTC+1), Jochen Kressin escribió:
> Did you try to disable hostname verification with the -nhnv flag?
>
> Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017 13:37:00 UTC+1 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón:
> Hi,
>
> I followed the documentation in order to set up search guard in a testing single-node ES cluster.
>
> I initially generated both truststore.jks and keystore.jks files, using gen_root_ca.sh and gen_client_node_cert.sh respectively, this way:
>
> > ./gen_root_ca.sh truestore.jks myCApass mypass
> > ./gen_client_node_cert.sh node1 myCApass mypass
>
> Then I copied truststore.jks and node1-keystore.jks to the ES config directory and edited elasticsearch.yml as shown below:
>
> searchguard.ssl.transport.keystore_filepath: node1-keystore.jks
> searchguard.ssl.transport.keystore_password: mypass
> searchguard.ssl.transport.truststore_filepath: truststore.jks
> searchguard.ssl.transport.truststore_password: mypass
> searchguard.ssl.transport.enforce_hostname_verification: true
> searchguard.ssl.transport.resolve_hostname: true
>
> After this, I could restart my node, checking the cluster state is YELLOW and Searchguard is properly recognized:
>
> [2017-02-02T12:10:22,328][INFO ][o.e.h.HttpServer ] [dev-node1] publish_address {<IP>:49200}, bound_addresses {<IP>:49200}
> [2017-02-02T12:10:22,329][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [dev-node1] started
> [2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][c.f.s.a.c.TransportConfigUpdateAction] [dev-node1] searchguard index does not exist yet, so no need to load config on node startup. Use sgadmin to initialize cluster
> [2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][o.e.g.GatewayService ] [dev-node1] recovered [1] indices into cluster_state
> [2017-02-02T12:10:22,671][INFO ][o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService] [dev-node1] Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [YELLOW] (reason: [shards started [[.kibana][0]] ...]).
>
>
> But if I try to send a request I received this message:
>
> curl -s -XGET http://node1:49200/
> Search Guard not initialized (SG11). See https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/sgadmin.md
>
> So I tried to initialize Search Guard with the sgadmin.sh script using this parameters:
>
> ./sgadmin.sh -ts ~/NODE/ES_config/truststore.jks -tspass mypass -ks ~/NODE/ES_config/node1-keystore.jks -kspass mypass -cd ~/NODE/src/elastic/plugins/search-guard-5/sgconfig/ -cn devcluster -h node1 -p 49300
>
> And this is the warning displayed:
>
> Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{fn7Ips5PQ4-WBsM17H3DNg}{node1}{<IP>:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...
> * Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
> * If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)
>
> If I use the diagnose flag I can see this exception in the file returned, which doesn't shed light on this:
>
> ClusterHealthRequest:
> NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{6cGCk1cERqyEk9BFBJ0KJw}{node1}{<IP>:49300}]]
> at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:328)
> at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:226)
> at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportProxyClient.execute(TransportProxyClient.java:59)
> at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(TransportClient.java:345)
> at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:403)
> at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:392)
> at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.execute(AbstractClient.java:704)
> at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.health(AbstractClient.java:726)
> at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.generateDiagnoseTrace(SearchGuardAdmin.java:676)
> at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main0(SearchGuardAdmin.java:369)
> at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main(SearchGuardAdmin.java:105)
>
>
> Could you help me with this?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Juan.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/e046e212-26a6-421c-92ce-da919e479c47%40googlegroups.com\.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a3eb26ad-8559-4a10-9c28-57437ec485b6%40googlegroups.com\.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/5ae0e931-5c34-4f4f-a28d-d32d99521e16%40googlegroups.com\.
<elasticsearch.yml><ES_SEARCHGUARD.log>

Hi SG,

Please find attached the elastisearch.yml with your config entry.

The log I sent you is completed, that is all the application show from starting. If I try to perform a query I can see this:

[2017-02-21T11:51:43,495][ERROR][c.f.s.a.BackendRegistry ] Not yet initialized (you may need to run sgadmin)

And if I run sgadmin:

sgadmin.sh -ts ~/NODE/ES_config/truststore.jks -tspass -ks ~/NODE/ES_config/datacluster1-keystore.jks -kspass -cd ~/NODE/src/elastic/plugins/search-guard-5/sgconfig/ -cn ES-dev -h datacluster1 -p 49300
Search Guard Admin v5
Will connect to datacluster1:49300 … done
Contacting elasticsearch cluster ‘ES-dev’ and wait for YELLOW clusterstate …
Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{N_kzYZQTQ26KJA_7wNE-Ug}{datacluster1}{:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying …

Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{N_kzYZQTQ26KJA_7wNE-Ug}{datacluster1}{:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying …

And no more entries are shown in the ES logs.

elasticsearch.yml (960 Bytes)

···

El martes, 21 de febrero de 2017, 11:35:31 (UTC+1), Search Guard escribió:

Ok, can you both sent the elasticsearch.yml again after adding my config entry from my last post.

@Juan: The logs are too short, we need also see the log statements from the point in time when sgadmin fail

Am 21.02.2017 um 09:39 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón jmp....@gmail.com:

I also tried adding the authcz config posted in your last message but It doesn’t work.

Here is my info:

Eliran

Hi Eliran,

Regards,

Was this issue resolved?

Hi Jochen,

Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/5ae0e931-5c34-4f4f-a28d-d32d99521e16%40googlegroups.com.

the dn configured as "searchguard.authcz.admin_dn" must match the dn in your keystore (~/NODE/ES_config/datacluster1-keystore.jks) you use for sgadmin - and it should not be node certificate but a client certificate.
I recommend that start with the search guard bundle (GitHub - floragunncom/search-guard: Search Guard Plugin - Security for Elasticsearch) to see how it's supposed to work. Please also read http://floragunncom.github.io/search-guard-ssl-docs/quickstart.html and https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/quickstart.md and https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/sgadmin.md

···

Am 21.02.2017 um 11:54 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón <jmp.juan@gmail.com>:

Hi SG,

The log I sent you is completed, that is all the application show from starting. If I try to perform a query I can see this:

[2017-02-21T11:51:43,495][ERROR][c.f.s.a.BackendRegistry ] Not yet initialized (you may need to run sgadmin)

And if I run sgadmin:

sgadmin.sh -ts ~/NODE/ES_config/truststore.jks -tspass <mypass> -ks ~/NODE/ES_config/datacluster1-keystore.jks -kspass <mypass> -cd ~/NODE/src/elastic/plugins/search-guard-5/sgconfig/ -cn ES-dev -h datacluster1 -p 49300
Search Guard Admin v5
Will connect to datacluster1:49300 ... done
Contacting elasticsearch cluster 'ES-dev' and wait for YELLOW clusterstate ...
Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{N_kzYZQTQ26KJA_7wNE-Ug}{datacluster1}{<ip>:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...
Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{N_kzYZQTQ26KJA_7wNE-Ug}{datacluster1}{<ip>:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...

> Am 21.02.2017 um 09:39 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón <jmp....@gmail.com>:
>
> Here you have attached both .yml config and log files.
>
> My ES version is 5.1.1 and search-guard-ssl-5.1.1-19.jar.
>
> I also tried adding the authcz config posted in your last message but It doesn't work.
>
>
> El lunes, 20 de febrero de 2017, 19:54:49 (UTC+1), Search Guard escribió:
> try (in elasticsearch.yml):
>
> searchguard.authcz.admin_dn:
> - 'CN=kirk,OU=client,O=client,L=Test,C=DE'
>
>
>> Am 20.02.2017 um 17:30 schrieb Eliran Boraks <ebo...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Here is my info:
>>
>> search-guard-2-2.4.3.10.jar
>> ES: 2.4.3
>>
>> I attached the elasticsearch.yml and elasticsarch.log to this message.
>>
>> Eliran
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 11:11:40 AM UTC-5, Search Guard wrote:
>> Can you both (Eliran and Juan) give us the following infos?:
>>
>> - Elasticsearch and Search Guard version
>> - Complete elasticsearch.yml
>> - Complete output of elasticsearch.log from the the point in time you started elasticsearch until you get the sgadmin failures
>>
>>
>> > Am 20.02.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón <jmp....@gmail.com>:
>> >
>> > Hi Eliran,
>> >
>> > No, unfortunately I'm still having this problem and I'm not able to make Searchguard work in my cluster.
>> >
>> > Hope somebody can shed some light on this.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > El lunes, 20 de febrero de 2017, 16:52:45 (UTC+1), Eliran Boraks escribió:
>> > Was this issue resolved?
>> >
>> > I have the same problem. I did run sgadmin.sh with ' -icl -nhnv' but I got the same results.
>> >
>> > /sgadmin.sh -ts truststore.jks -tspass changeit -ks kirk-keystore.jks -kspass changeit -cd ../sgconfig -icl -nhnv -h <IP-Address>
>> > Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{10.100.0.21}{10.100.0.21:9300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...
>> > * Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
>> > * If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)
>> >
>> >
>> > What is the right way to configure the node (referring to "Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available:")?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 7:53:41 AM UTC-5, Juan Martínez Palazón wrote:
>> > Hi Jochen,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your quick reply.
>> >
>> > That was the first change I did but then sgadmin.sh try to connect to localhost:
>> >
>> > Search Guard Admin v5
>> > Will connect to localhost:49300
>> > ERR: Seems there is no elasticsearch running on localhost:49300 - Will exit
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > El jueves, 2 de febrero de 2017, 13:44:52 (UTC+1), Jochen Kressin escribió:
>> > Did you try to disable hostname verification with the -nhnv flag?
>> >
>> > Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017 13:37:00 UTC+1 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I followed the documentation in order to set up search guard in a testing single-node ES cluster.
>> >
>> > I initially generated both truststore.jks and keystore.jks files, using gen_root_ca.sh and gen_client_node_cert.sh respectively, this way:
>> >
>> > > ./gen_root_ca.sh truestore.jks myCApass mypass
>> > > ./gen_client_node_cert.sh node1 myCApass mypass
>> >
>> > Then I copied truststore.jks and node1-keystore.jks to the ES config directory and edited elasticsearch.yml as shown below:
>> >
>> > searchguard.ssl.transport.keystore_filepath: node1-keystore.jks
>> > searchguard.ssl.transport.keystore_password: mypass
>> > searchguard.ssl.transport.truststore_filepath: truststore.jks
>> > searchguard.ssl.transport.truststore_password: mypass
>> > searchguard.ssl.transport.enforce_hostname_verification: true
>> > searchguard.ssl.transport.resolve_hostname: true
>> >
>> > After this, I could restart my node, checking the cluster state is YELLOW and Searchguard is properly recognized:
>> >
>> > [2017-02-02T12:10:22,328][INFO ][o.e.h.HttpServer ] [dev-node1] publish_address {<IP>:49200}, bound_addresses {<IP>:49200}
>> > [2017-02-02T12:10:22,329][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [dev-node1] started
>> > [2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][c.f.s.a.c.TransportConfigUpdateAction] [dev-node1] searchguard index does not exist yet, so no need to load config on node startup. Use sgadmin to initialize cluster
>> > [2017-02-02T12:10:22,485][INFO ][o.e.g.GatewayService ] [dev-node1] recovered [1] indices into cluster_state
>> > [2017-02-02T12:10:22,671][INFO ][o.e.c.r.a.AllocationService] [dev-node1] Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [YELLOW] (reason: [shards started [[.kibana][0]] ...]).
>> >
>> >
>> > But if I try to send a request I received this message:
>> >
>> > curl -s -XGET http://node1:49200/
>> > Search Guard not initialized (SG11). See https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/sgadmin.md
>> >
>> > So I tried to initialize Search Guard with the sgadmin.sh script using this parameters:
>> >
>> > ./sgadmin.sh -ts ~/NODE/ES_config/truststore.jks -tspass mypass -ks ~/NODE/ES_config/node1-keystore.jks -kspass mypass -cd ~/NODE/src/elastic/plugins/search-guard-5/sgconfig/ -cn devcluster -h node1 -p 49300
>> >
>> > And this is the warning displayed:
>> >
>> > Cannot retrieve cluster state due to: None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{fn7Ips5PQ4-WBsM17H3DNg}{node1}{<IP>:49300}]. This is not an error, will keep on trying ...
>> > * Try running sgadmin.sh with -icl and -nhnv (If thats works you need to check your clustername as well as hostnames in your SSL certificates)
>> > * If this is not working, try running sgadmin.sh with --diagnose and see diagnose trace log file)
>> >
>> > If I use the diagnose flag I can see this exception in the file returned, which doesn't shed light on this:
>> >
>> > ClusterHealthRequest:
>> > NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{6cGCk1cERqyEk9BFBJ0KJw}{node1}{<IP>:49300}]]
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:328)
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:226)
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportProxyClient.execute(TransportProxyClient.java:59)
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(TransportClient.java:345)
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:403)
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:392)
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.execute(AbstractClient.java:704)
>> > at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient$ClusterAdmin.health(AbstractClient.java:726)
>> > at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.generateDiagnoseTrace(SearchGuardAdmin.java:676)
>> > at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main0(SearchGuardAdmin.java:369)
>> > at com.floragunn.searchguard.tools.SearchGuardAdmin.main(SearchGuardAdmin.java:105)
>> >
>> >
>> > Could you help me with this?
>> >
>> > Many thanks!
>> >
>> > Juan.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
>> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/e046e212-26a6-421c-92ce-da919e479c47%40googlegroups.com\.
>> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.
>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a3eb26ad-8559-4a10-9c28-57437ec485b6%40googlegroups.com\.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.
>> <elasticsearch.log><elasticsearch.yml>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/5ae0e931-5c34-4f4f-a28d-d32d99521e16%40googlegroups.com\.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.
> <elasticsearch.yml><ES_SEARCHGUARD.log>

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/5eeeacc0-f98e-4ad0-9b42-c10e8adbdc62%40googlegroups.com\.
<elasticsearch.yml>

Hi SG,

I have solved it. My certificates were not created using the node hostname but a similar alias with a prefix -and I suppose the original name was required. When I amend that everything works fine.

Many thanks for your help.

···

El martes, 21 de febrero de 2017, 12:10:31 (UTC+1), Search Guard escribió:

the dn configured as “searchguard.authcz.admin_dn” must match the dn in your keystore (~/NODE/ES_config/datacluster1-keystore.jks) you use for sgadmin - and it should not be node certificate but a client certificate.

I recommend that start with the search guard bundle (https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard/wiki/Search-Guard-Bundle) to see how it’s supposed to work. Please also read http://floragunncom.github.io/search-guard-ssl-docs/quickstart.html and https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/quickstart.md and https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/sgadmin.md

Am 21.02.2017 um 11:54 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón jmp....@gmail.com:

Hi SG,

And if I run sgadmin:

sgadmin.sh -ts ~/NODE/ES_config/truststore.jks -tspass -ks ~/NODE/ES_config/datacluster1-keystore.jks -kspass -cd ~/NODE/src/elastic/plugins/search-guard-5/sgconfig/ -cn ES-dev -h datacluster1 -p 49300

Search Guard Admin v5

Will connect to datacluster1:49300 … done

Contacting elasticsearch cluster ‘ES-dev’ and wait for YELLOW clusterstate …

Am 21.02.2017 um 09:39 schrieb Juan Martínez Palazón jmp....@gmail.com:

Here is my info:

Eliran

Hi Eliran,

Regards,

Was this issue resolved?

Hi Jochen,

Search Guard Admin v5

Regards,

Hi,

ClusterHealthRequest:

Many thanks!

Juan.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/5ae0e931-5c34-4f4f-a28d-d32d99521e16%40googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/5eeeacc0-f98e-4ad0-9b42-c10e8adbdc62%40googlegroups.com.

<elasticsearch.yml>