Search multiple indexes throws security exception

Elasticsearch: 6.2.1

SearchGuard: 6.2.1-21.0 - No enterprise moduls

JVM: 1.8.0_31

OS: Redhat 7.1

I need to search over two indices with multi-index query:

GET index_1,index_2/_search

``

For each separate index, I have read permissions, but when I try to query them together,

I got an exception that I don’t have permissions for [indices:data/read/search]

GIST for searchguard files:

I am trying to search with user_1 for example.

Thanks.

can you pls post the output of

curl -Ss -k https://localhost:9200/_searchguard/authinfo -u user_1:pass

(Unrelated to this issue but you should upgrade your Java runtime, _31 is very old)

···

Am 21.03.2018 um 13:42 schrieb Netanel Malka <netanel246@gmail.com>:

Elasticsearch: 6.2.1
SearchGuard: 6.2.1-21.0 - No enterprise moduls
JVM: 1.8.0_31
OS: Redhat 7.1

I need to search over two indices with multi-index query:
GET index_1,index_2/_search

For each separate index, I have read permissions, but when I try to query them together,
I got an exception that I don't have permissions for [indices:data/read/search]

GIST for searchguard files:
https://gist.github.com/netanel246/70568fa0f319557019f8026678929b0a

I am trying to search with user_1 for example.

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/cc8b4062-9120-4e13-8f4a-556c1505dec0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Can you pls file a github issue for that?

···

Am 21.03.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Netanel Malka <netanel246@gmail.com>:

Thanks for the quick response
I did it, and that's what I get(I'm sorry that's not exactly what I get. It's because I am in a company intranet):
I got a json that has "User [name=user_1, roles=, requestedTenant=null], more fields.. , "sg_roles" : ["sg_index_1","sg_index_2", and more roles], "sg_tenants": {"user_1":true},"principal":null,"peer_certificates":"0"}

בתאריך יום רביעי, 21 במרץ 2018 בשעה 15:41:53 UTC+2, מאת Search Guard:
can you pls post the output of

curl -Ss -k https://localhost:9200/_searchguard/authinfo -u user_1:pass

(Unrelated to this issue but you should upgrade your Java runtime, _31 is very old)

> Am 21.03.2018 um 13:42 schrieb Netanel Malka <netan...@gmail.com>:
>
> Elasticsearch: 6.2.1
> SearchGuard: 6.2.1-21.0 - No enterprise moduls
> JVM: 1.8.0_31
> OS: Redhat 7.1
>
> I need to search over two indices with multi-index query:
> GET index_1,index_2/_search
>
> For each separate index, I have read permissions, but when I try to query them together,
> I got an exception that I don't have permissions for [indices:data/read/search]
>
> GIST for searchguard files:
> https://gist.github.com/netanel246/70568fa0f319557019f8026678929b0a
>
> I am trying to search with user_1 for example.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/cc8b4062-9120-4e13-8f4a-556c1505dec0%40googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/e28dfcb4-fe4a-4868-a8a9-84bc3e3a6293%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.