Roles issue: no permissions for indices:data/read/mget

• Search Guard 5.2.2
  • Elasticsearch version 5.2.2
  • JVM version 1.8.0_112-b15
  • operating system version CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
  • Number of nodes in your cluster: 2
  • Description of the bug:
    I’m having some problems with roles, so I created a new index and trying to search it using a user x and here’s my config for that:
    sg_tralala:
cluster:
- CLUSTER_COMPOSITE_OPS_RO
indices:
'logstash-tralala-*':
'*':
- READ
- indices:admin/mappings/fields/get*
'?kibana-tralala':
'*':
- ALL

and then I got this error on kibana:
Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: [security_exception] no permissions for indices:data/read/mget

and this error on ES logs:

No perm match for User [name=laghao, roles=[]] [IndexType [index=.kibana-tralala,type=index-pattern]] [Action [indices:data/read/mget]] [RolesChecked [tralala]]

There seems to be an error in the sg_roles_mapping.yml. Accroding to the output in the logfile, your user is mapped to the group tralala, not sg_tralala:

[RolesChecked [tralala]]

Please check your sg_role_mapping.yml file. If you still have problems, please post the mapping here.

···

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:12:12 PM UTC+2, Oucema Bellagha wrote:

• Search Guard 5.2.2
    I’m having some problems with roles, so I created a new index and trying to search it using a user x and here’s my config for that:
    sg_tralala:
cluster:
indices:
'logstash-tralala-*':
'*':
- READ
- indices:admin/mappings/fields/      get*
'?kibana-tralala':
'*':
- ALL

Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: [security_exception] no permissions for indices:data/read/mget

No perm match for User [name=laghao, roles=[]] [IndexType [index=.kibana-tralala,type=index-pattern]] [Action [indices:data/read/mget]] [RolesChecked [tralala]]

Hi thanks for the feedback, Actually the definition of CLUSTER_COMPOSITE_OPS_RO and CLUSTER_COMPOSITE_OPS was missing on the file sg_actions_groups.yml.

I have another question just to know if I can update all my cluster easily or stay on this version so as I wrote I’m on the versions 5.2.2 and I want to update to 5.4. Is there any problems with updates that can affect my environment and should I install a new netty-tcnative-1.1.33.Fork25-linux-x86_64.jar If so which version?

Regards and thanks,

···

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 5:11:53 PM UTC+2, Jochen Kressin wrote:

There seems to be an error in the sg_roles_mapping.yml. Accroding to the output in the logfile, your user is mapped to the group tralala, not sg_tralala:

[RolesChecked [tralala]]

Please check your sg_role_mapping.yml file. If you still have problems, please post the mapping here.

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:12:12 PM UTC+2, Oucema Bellagha wrote:

• Search Guard 5.2.2
    sg_tralala:
cluster:
indices:
'logstash-tralala-*':
'*':
- READ
- indices:admin/mappings/fields/      get*
'?kibana-tralala':
'*':
- ALL