Role Mapping Error

Hi,
I have some basics knowledge in linux commands and entry level in security.
I just started working in Kibana. I’m facing a error when i add user and commit them.

Command: /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/search-guard-6/tools/sgadmin.sh -cd /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/search-guard-6/sgconfig -icl -nhnv -cert /etc/elasticsearch/certs/adminuser.pem -key /etc/elasticsearch/certs/adminuser.key cacert /etc/elasticsearch/certs/root-ca.pem -keypass xxxxx@xxx

Error: will update ‘sg/rolemapping’ with /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/search-guard-6/sgconfig/sg_roles_mapping.yml
Fail: configuration for ‘rolemapping’ failed beacuse of SettingsException[Failed to load settings from [dummy.json]]; nested: ParsingException[Failed to parse object: expecting token of type [START_OBJECT] but found [[VALUE_STRING]];

Note: I could figure out that this is a configuration syntax error. But i’m unable to figure it out.
Thank you. Have a great day.

When executing the sgadmin command, sgadmin would read the configuration file from this directory:

What files do you have in this directory? Can you post your sg_roles_mapping.yml, please? Also, what does dummy.json refer to? The config files have to be in YAML format, not JSON.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.