Reindex searchguard index?

HI there,

So the 7.0 Upgrade Assistant for Kibana 6.6.0 is complaining that the searchguard index is too old, as it was created in ES 5.4.2.

What’s the best course of action for getting this reindexed as 6.6.0, considering I can’t easily access the searchguard index?

I do have all my roles, etc as YAML, so I could potentially just remove the searchguard index and re-create it with sgadmin.sh, but I’d prefer to have no downtime.

Thanks!

We will post/document some informations on this with the first beta release of ES 7.0.0
Stay tuned ...

···

Am 14.02.2019 um 03:01 schrieb CK <posthamster@gmail.com>:

HI there,

So the 7.0 Upgrade Assistant for Kibana 6.6.0 is complaining that the searchguard index is too old, as it was created in ES 5.4.2.

What's the best course of action for getting this reindexed as 6.6.0, considering I can't easily access the searchguard index?

I do have all my roles, etc as YAML, so I could potentially just remove the searchguard index and re-create it with sgadmin.sh, but I'd prefer to have no downtime.

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/db8d28c4-1cb8-40e3-83b0-15f2f40926a4%40googlegroups.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.

could you post the development here, for reference?

Reading Upgrading from 6.x to 7.x | Security for Elasticsearch | Search Guard it’s still not clear to me wether the sgadmin command will reindex the searchguard index.

I ended up re-creating my searchguard index.
Surprisingly, search-guard continued working during the time there was no index. Is this normal behaviour? For how long can one delete the index?

sgadmin will delete and re-cretae the searchguard index during the upgrade procedure.

Search Guard will continue to work when the sg index is deleted as long as not all datanodes are going down at the same time (because the config is cached in memory)

1 Like