Minimal permission for user that issues remote reindex

Hi,

I’m trying to configure minimal permissions for user issuing remote reindex and monitoring its status with tasks.

Why I suspect SG permission as issue is when reindexed as admin user, task ID is returned and you can watch progress by querying task. However, when issued as “limited” acc, I get task ID, but when I try to get that task, I got 404 like task was never really created.

Log doesn’t contain anything related. It looks to me something is failing bellow the surface but I don’t see any trace.

I appreciate help!

ES version: 6.1.3

SG version: 6.1.3-21.0

Cloud: AWS (self managed cluster)

Vedran.

Actually, I just found some log entries and I had to add reindex and index permission.

Looks like I just needed rubber duck in order to figure it out :slight_smile:

···

On Wednesday, 20 June 2018 22:00:37 UTC+2, Vedran Vučetić wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to configure minimal permissions for user issuing remote reindex and monitoring its status with tasks.

Why I suspect SG permission as issue is when reindexed as admin user, task ID is returned and you can watch progress by querying task. However, when issued as “limited” acc, I get task ID, but when I try to get that task, I got 404 like task was never really created.

Log doesn’t contain anything related. It looks to me something is failing bellow the surface but I don’t see any trace.

I appreciate help!

ES version: 6.1.3

SG version: 6.1.3-21.0

Cloud: AWS (self managed cluster)

Vedran.