jwt_auth_domain is still disabled after setting sg_config.yml

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

  • Search Guard and Elasticsearch version

  • Installed and used enterprise modules, if any

  • JVM version and operating system version

  • Search Guard configuration files

  • Elasticsearch log messages on debug level

  • Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Version Info:

Elasticsearch version:6.1.1, Search Guard Version: 6.1.1; Kibana: 6.1.1;

JVM version: 1.8.0_131, Win 10;

Problem:

After configure sg_config.yml as below, jwt_auth_domain is still disabled.

How to enable jwt_auth_domain?

did you run sgadmin after changing sg_config.yml? See http://docs.search-guard.com/latest/sgadmin

···

Am 18.01.2018 um 09:23 schrieb Johnson C <cheng.qiaosheng@gmail.com>:

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

* Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
* Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
* JVM version and operating system version
* Search Guard configuration files
* Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
* Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Version Info:
Elasticsearch version:6.1.1, Search Guard Version: 6.1.1; Kibana: 6.1.1;
JVM version: 1.8.0_131, Win 10;

Problem:

After configure sg_config.yml as below, jwt_auth_domain is still disabled.
How to enable jwt_auth_domain?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Search Guard Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to search-guard@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/7131d4b1-496b-42c6-8009-c99f90ad7a05%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

If this is not a fresh install but an upgrade, you may have hit a bug affecting the config reload. Please make sure you are on Search Guard 6.1.1-20.1.

···

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 9:23:46 AM UTC+1, Johnson C wrote:

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

  • Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
  • Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
  • JVM version and operating system version
  • Search Guard configuration files
  • Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
  • Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Version Info:

Elasticsearch version:6.1.1, Search Guard Version: 6.1.1; Kibana: 6.1.1;

JVM version: 1.8.0_131, Win 10;

Problem:

After configure sg_config.yml as below, jwt_auth_domain is still disabled.

How to enable jwt_auth_domain?

So i must use the sgadmin to flush configure?

I restarted the ES and Kibana application, it seems not work.

···

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 5:52:48 PM UTC+8, Search Guard wrote:

did you run sgadmin after changing sg_config.yml? See http://docs.search-guard.com/latest/sgadmin

Am 18.01.2018 um 09:23 schrieb Johnson C cheng.q...@gmail.com:

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

  • Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
  • Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
  • JVM version and operating system version
  • Search Guard configuration files
  • Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
  • Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Version Info:

Elasticsearch version:6.1.1, Search Guard Version: 6.1.1; Kibana: 6.1.1;

JVM version: 1.8.0_131, Win 10;

Problem:

After configure sg_config.yml as below, jwt_auth_domain is still disabled.

How to enable jwt_auth_domain?


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Search Guard Community Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to search-guard...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to search...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/7131d4b1-496b-42c6-8009-c99f90ad7a05%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

This is fresh install and it’s version is 6.1.1-20.1, maybe i will try other version just in case this is a bug in this version

6.1.1-20.1 is the most recent version, there are no known issues.

Every configuration change in sg_config.yml must be pushed to SG via sgadmin. The config is stored in the Search Guard index in Elasticsearch, it’s not read from any file on startup. That allows for hot config reloading. See:

http://docs.search-guard.com/latest/main-concepts

(“The Search Guard index”)

and:

http://docs.search-guard.com/latest/sgadmin

···

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 9:56:59 AM UTC+1, Johnson C wrote:

This is fresh install and it’s version is 6.1.1-20.1, maybe i will try other version just in case this is a bug in this version

Your advise is really helpful, thanks very much.

···

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 5:12:18 PM UTC+8, Jochen Kressin wrote:

6.1.1-20.1 is the most recent version, there are no known issues.

Every configuration change in sg_config.yml must be pushed to SG via sgadmin. The config is stored in the Search Guard index in Elasticsearch, it’s not read from any file on startup. That allows for hot config reloading. See:

http://docs.search-guard.com/latest/main-concepts

(“The Search Guard index”)

and:

http://docs.search-guard.com/latest/sgadmin

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 9:56:59 AM UTC+1, Johnson C wrote:

This is fresh install and it’s version is 6.1.1-20.1, maybe i will try other version just in case this is a bug in this version