Is there a way to hide indices in kibana?

I’ve successfully configured my users and roles to limit access to certain indexes by user, but I still see all the indexes in the Kibana UI - is there a permission I can add to the .kibana index that would hide indices a user does not have access to?

Similarly, is there any way to hide admin type links in the left nav bar (i.e. Dev Tools and Management). Again, I have restricted what users can do here, but can’t find a way to hide them.

Thanks!

As for the admin type links, this will not be possible unfortunately due to the architecture of Kibana itself.

Separating users is also not easily possible. The .kibana index is written to and read from by the global Kibana server user, not the currently logged in user. This means all users share the same dashboards and visualizations. Kibana does not have true multi-tenancy capabilities.

However, we’re working on an extension to Search Guard which will add multi-tenancy capabilities to Kibana, and we hope to have it ready in Q1. Until then, unfortunately there is no quick solution to your requirements.

···

On Friday, 30 December 2016 20:14:14 UTC+1, Michael Foley wrote:

I’ve successfully configured my users and roles to limit access to certain indexes by user, but I still see all the indexes in the Kibana UI - is there a permission I can add to the .kibana index that would hide indices a user does not have access to?

Similarly, is there any way to hide admin type links in the left nav bar (i.e. Dev Tools and Management). Again, I have restricted what users can do here, but can’t find a way to hide them.

Thanks!

Thanks for replying on this. I can create a work around for the admin links, so no big concerns there. I am glad to hear that you have multi-tenant support in work for Q1 - let me know if you need a beta tester or if there is something I can help contribute.

Thanks,

Mike

···

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 5:54:33 PM UTC-5, Search Guard wrote:

As for the admin type links, this will not be possible unfortunately due to the architecture of Kibana itself.

Separating users is also not easily possible. The .kibana index is written to and read from by the global Kibana server user, not the currently logged in user. This means all users share the same dashboards and visualizations. Kibana does not have true multi-tenancy capabilities.

However, we’re working on an extension to Search Guard which will add multi-tenancy capabilities to Kibana, and we hope to have it ready in Q1. Until then, unfortunately there is no quick solution to your requirements.

On Friday, 30 December 2016 20:14:14 UTC+1, Michael Foley wrote:

Thanks!