We are trying to embed a link to a specific dashboard into our product portal using JWT tokens in the URL parameter and the problem we run into is that instead of landing directly on the dashboard, the page lands at the space selector for the first time (on a new browser session). Subsequent reloads on the same browser session land the page at the dashboard, but the first one always goes to the space selector. Is this a known issue? If so, is there a workaround for this.
Here are my setup details.
- JWT and Basic Auth enabled at Elasticsearch. JWT is through Auth Header from Kibana to ES
- JWT token based auth at Kibana with URL param used for passing the token
- Tenant, roles and role mappings created in the system where roles map to our backend roles (passed through roles and subject field in the JWT)
- After this we go to a specific dashboard for a tenant and get the “embed” link to the saved object
- We ran with two cases (1) direct link on the browser window. (2) link embedded in an iframe from a server hosted on the same domain.
In both cases, what we noticed is that when we open a fresh browser, the first time it almost always lands on the space selector. Once we choose a space, a subsequent reload will take it to the dashboard. This does not happen when we run with base Kibana (not using tenants and JWT tokens)
Thanks for any help that you can give on this. This will be a blocker for us in deployment.